Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Selwyn - Canterbury
There are those who make and sell fertiliser and feed – and then there’s Ballance Agri-Nutrients.
We’re real people making a real difference to kiwi farmers and sustainable food production. From nutrient management advice, fertiliser and feed to online farm management and aerial topdressing, we work hard to help our farmers get results.
We have a passion for innovation, efficiency and safety. We pride ourselves on putting safety first and having the best people in our team.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join us as a Service Centre Operator at our operation in Rolleston. Rolleston is one of the busiest Service Centres in the network and is at the heart of a fast growing region, offering great opportunities.
Armed with the passion to offer exceptional customer service, you'll perform a range of activities, including loading and unloading spreader and bulk trucks, processing fertiliser orders and controlling stock. A certain level of fitness is required as there will be some heavy lifting involved at times.
Full on-site training and all work-related protective equipment will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
- Loader and some forklift operation
- Fixed plant operation
- Operation of bagging plant
- Processing fertiliser orders
- Although your main role will be Loader operator it will also so involve relieving other areas when required and team work with house keeping, cleaning and other duties.
- High standard of site and vehicle housekeeping/maintenance
- Taking a proactive approach towards environmental, health and safety matters
- Involvement with continuous improvement systems.
The successful applicant will have:
- A valid full Class 1 (minimum requirement).
- Experience operating 15 ton loaders minimum 2 years.
- Loader license (W) a must, forklift driver’s license (F endorsement) advantageous but not essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to relate well to others and contribute to a positive team environment
- Proactive attitude to health, safety and environmental management.
- Basic computer skills are preferred and training is provided for our in-house systems
- A driven attitude to be the best, by doing your best, a keen eye for detail and cleanliness
- Seasonal Saturday rostered work will also be required.
We believe that by helping you reach your full potential you’ll help us reach ours. It may just be the best career choice you ever made!
Applications close 19 Oct 2017