Assa Abloy New Zealand - North Shore - Auckland
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. ASSA ABLOY is represented in all major regions, in both mature and emerging markets. In New Zealand, ASSA ABLOY offers iconic flagship product brands which include Interlock, Lockwood, and Yale. The strength of these brands has been built on responding creatively to customer’s needs, innovation and quality.
A vacancy exists within our Warehouse team for an experienced Warehouse Team Leader managing our inwards goods function.
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Manager, this multifaceted role will be involved in the day to day running of inwards goods, and warehouse activities.
The role predominantly involves
- Effectively manage all functions in the Inwards Goods team.
- Ordering and receipting of stocked items and raw material as appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvements.
- Stock labelling, bin allocation and put away functions.
- Create a team based work environment.
- Manage H&S for the inwards goods team
- Maintenance of stock records, receipts and issues for all warehouse locations including transactions relating to such warehouse locations.
- Perform all assigned corrective actions and investigation for Correction to Errors (CTE), and System Improvement Opportunity (SIO) forms.
- Training of staff in the above activities.
- Ensuring timeliness of all receipts of products including Goods returns credits
- Manage Quality as related to Inwards Goods.
If you are a physically fit team leader and player, who takes pride in your attention to detail, accurate data entry and has an eye for quality issues, then this could be a role for you.
Occasional overtime in the weekend may be required.
Does this sound like you?
You will need to have proven leadership and management experience in a warehouse environment with a proven track record of effective capacity planning and resource allocation. You will also need to have an unwavering commitment to health and safety as we have a zero harm workplace culture. In turn we offer a competitive salary with learning and development opportunities
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience in despatch / warehouse management roles
- Competent using a computer, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- A current full New Zealand drivers licence
- Forklift licence is desirable
- Ability to meet performance targets and show initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current NZ work permit is essential.