BDO Client - Gisborne - Gisborne
Mama & Pepi Kaiawhina E Tipu E Rea – .6 FTE
Our Vision: “The next generation living longer than the last”.
Passionate about delivering services to support improved health & social outcomes for vulnerable tamariki and their whanau?
Then we want to talk to you!!!
Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including promoting and providing education, support & advice to mother’s during pregnancy, following the birth and up until the child is 5 years old.
We are looking for a Mama & Pepi Kaiawhina to work in our E Tipu E Rea service, based on the East Coast.
The position exists to coordinate community-wide health promotion initiatives conveying healthy lifestyle messages (nutrition, exercise, smoking cessation, etc.), community education and monitoring for identified high-risk individuals and their extended families within the Ngati Porou rohe and adapting local environments to support positive lifestyle changes.
The role contributes to the reduction in health inequalities in particular, by focussing services to impact on asthma, diabetes, injury prevention, smoking cessation, hearing, mental health, oral health, immunisation and violence prevention through health promotion, parental support, care, education and effective linkages to other providers.
For a successful appointment to this role it is essential that you:
- Have a health related tertiary qualification (preferred)
- Experience working with babies, children or women’s health, welfare or education arena in the community
- Can demonstrate adult teaching skills
- Have experience in the promotion of Antenatal Classes and Primary Health
- Can demonstrate knowledge of human development, specifically emotional and physical development and the relationship that alcohol, substance abuse, mental health, trauma, abuse, and family violence play in a pepi’s development
- Can demonstrate understanding of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and methodologies with evidence of successful application of these in practical settings
- Are focussed on providing services to disadvantaged populations
- Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence
If you have the attributes, skills and experience for this role as outlined in the job description, apply today. Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience
For your application to be considered, please ensure you complete and attach:
- A cover letter and CV
- The employment application form and the police vetting form
- Attach a copy of your current driver’s Licence.
To apply, please login in to www.qjumpers.co.nz/job-seeker/browse-jobs keyword Mama & Pepi Kaiawhina.
Closes Monday 12 June 2017 at 9.00 a.m.
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application