BDO Client - Gisborne - Gisborne
CO-EXISTING PROBLEMS (CEP) CLINICIAN/ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR – 1.0 FTE
CLINICIAN /DAO MENTAL HEALTH SERVICE – 1.0 FTE
Our Vision: “The next generation living longer than the last”.
Passionate about delivering better mental health outcomes for whanau and Tangata whaiora?
Then we want to talk to you!!!
Ngati Porou Hauora provides integrated health services to the Ngati Porou East Coast region, including mental health and addiction services and is currently looking to fill two roles in its Mental Health Team.
CO-EXISTING PROBLEMS (CEP) CLINICIAN/ADDICTIONS COUNSELLOR
One role is for a Co-Existing Problems (CEP) Clinician/Addictions Counsellor to provide community based mental health and addiction assessment and intervention services across a range of settings for Tangata whaiora/clients and their whanau.
This includes initial assessments, risk management, brief intervention, talking therapy, education, facilitated groups, relapse prevention and identification of pathways of support for those with suspected substance abuse and other dependencies/addictions, supporting them to access the appropriate health services. The role covers the geographical area from Potaka to Anaura.
For a successful appointment to this role it is essential that you:
- Have or be working towards a formal AOD qualification
- Are registered DAPAANZ or meet competency criteria to work towards registration
- Have a tertiary qualifications either in Social Work, Nursing or Counselling with registration to appropriate professional body
- Have proven experience in counselling and therapy
- Work with a recovery focus
- Have knowledge of evidence based best practice in the mental health and addiction sector
- Are able to demonstrate practical understanding of the aspirations and challenges facing Maori communities
- Have excellent oral, written, computer and interpersonal communication skills
- Have proven skills in accurate documentation practices
- Hold a current, clean, full driver’s licence
We are also looking for a Clinician/DAO to provide safe, high quality and culturally appropriate mental health services including crisis services to clients of Ngati Porou Hauora extending from Potaka to Anaura
Working in a Choice and Partnership model, this key role is responsible for clinical case management including referral, assessment, interventions and exit.
Promoting a client focus within a recovery model whilst upholding client rights and confidentiality and developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients/family/whanau is vital to the outcomes.
For a successful appointment to this role, you will:
- Be a Registered Health Professional with current APC
- Be a Duly Authorised Officer (DAO) or prepared to train
- Be a team player essential with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have proven good assessment, formulation and planning skills
- Have understanding of the relevant legislation
- Hold a current driving licence
- Knowledge of other relevant support services
If you have the attributes, skills and experience for either of these roles as outlined in the job descriptions and desire to make a difference to the delivery of mental health and addiction services in our region, apply today. Remuneration will be negotiated based on qualification, skills and experience.
For your application to be considered, please ensure you complete and attach:
- A cover letter indicating which role you are applying for
- The employment application form and the police vetting form
- Attach a copy of your current APC and driver’s Licence.
Closes Monday 12 June 2017
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 12 Jun 2017