The latest news and advice from our recruitment experts.
The key experience of running a small to medium business (SME) is the feeling of being stretched. Whether it’s adapting to the constant requirements of a fluid marketing and sales environment thanks to ever-changing technologies, social media and online capabilities, or it’s the ever-present management of cashflow, staffing and strategy, there’s always a feeling of juggling a number of balls in the air.
Just this month, a report has revealed that more than a fifth of the more than 500,000 SMEs in New Zealand, have felt the effects of falling dairy prices – it’s no wonder then that recruitment tends to be last cab off the rank when it comes to running your business.
Using QJumpers recruitment software, though, can save time, money and frustration – and leave you better equipped to face the important everyday business of running a successful SME.
So here are 12 ways in which QJumpers can revolutionise how you do business.
1. Time is money: As a boss, recruitment might not be your number one skillset, but you still need to be able to recruit like a boss – and that means getting the right people in the right roles, efficiently and cost-effectively. QJumpers recruitment software cuts admin time and directly saves you money by automating questionnaires, compiling shortlists of suitable candidates, coordinating responses to applicants and streamlining the process so the right people in your organisation are making key decisions.
2. Outsourcing is expensive: Often the first place an SME turns to when requiring a specialist skill or service is a consultant – after all that’s the typical route when you need advice about IT or accountancy, for example. But when it comes to recruitment, there’s no need to put up with consultants’ placement fees when you can choose QJumpers software which can grow in pace with your business and provide an ongoing reference point to your business needs.
3. An end to clogged inboxes and cumbersome spreadsheets: An applicant tracking system puts an end to overflowing physical and email inboxes saving you time and frustration, and providing an inbuilt process which means you don’t have to continually manage the status of both positions you need to fill and applicants you need to communicate with. Spreadsheets are a continual headache to manage – something which QJumpers has been designed to eradicate.
4. Concentrate on your primary skills: When you are running an SME, it’s tempting to spread yourself too thinly and want a say in all decision-making – but that often takes you away from you core role in the company and the reason you are up-and-running in the first place. QJumpers recruitment software is the trusted way for New Zealand small businesses to run efficient recruitment campaigns without spending the time and energy on an aspect of the business for which they don’t have the expertise or understanding.
5. Be confident you have the right people in the right roles: There’s nothing more harmful to a business – especially one with a limited number of employees – than hiring the wrong people. Right from the start of the process, recruitment software will separate out candidates with the right criteria for your role and then refine the applicants according to your requirements. QJumpers also offers background and reference checks carried out by trained HR consultants to make sure what’s often your largest investment – your staff – is properly equipped for the job.
6. Stay on top of regulatory compliance: Many New Zealand SMEs find red tape one of their largest frustrations – especially when it comes to recruitment and having to check employees’ qualifications, visa restrictions, skills and certification can be time-consuming and often over-looked. An automated recruitment system allows you to set your prerequisites in any job offer and then maintain a record of your staff’s information – and if the regulations change, it’s easy to change your system.
7. Don’t be caught short by employee attrition or busy periods: Being able to react quickly to changes both within your business and the industry you operate within is the mark of a successful company – and all SMEs know the high attrition rates and seasonal peaks which typify New Zealand’s economy. Having a system at your fingertips which you can use to spring into action at the drop of a hat means you can react quickly to vacancies and pre-empt busy periods.
8. Own and analyse your key recruitment data: The biggest buzzwords in business today are “Big Data” – and while you might not be mining huge directories as an SME, you certainly know the benefit of understanding your client and customer records. The same should be true of your recruitment strategies. By running QJumpers software, you have readily available reports which point to successful campaigns, seasonal demand and areas of growth within the business, as well as a large database of applicants to whom you can return if you need to fill vacancies fast.
9. Own varied recruitment media such as mobile and video: Because QJumpers stays on top of the latest recruitment trends, you don’t have to. We are continually developing the means to search for applicants using the latest mobile, video and online media so that when you have a vacancy to fill, you can trust you cast the net as strategically or as wide as you need.
10. Provide a personalised service: New Zealand small and medium-sized businesses are already ahead of the game when it comes to personalised customer and employee service because it’s a part of the Kiwi culture we value highly. But more and more global businesses are coming to understand that the new employee and consumer demands more than automated responses and cookie-cutter service. QJumpers might well create a software-based, automated system to organise your recruitment campaigns, but it also leaves room for better, faster and more nuanced communication between your business and your applicants.
11. Have a branded, dedicated recruitment strategy: QJumpers recruitment software is completely customisable to your company’s requirements meaning that you create a professional impression with your candidates and an easily comprehensible system for you and your staff. Instead of recruitment being a bugbear for a number of people within your operation, you can dedicate specific tasks to specific people within a clean, streamlined process which guides you along its path.
12. Trust your recruitment support: By working with QJumpers you aren’t buying a system off a shelf and then going it alone. Instead we will help with implementation and any trouble-shooting, and, as your company grows and adapts to its place in the market, we will continually help you grow and adapt your recruitment strategy and software.
For more information on how QJumpers can provide recruitment software and services to help your SME, contact us on 0800 758 673, firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website.